Friday, November 11, 2011

Gio's Film Studies - You Only Live Twice

I went to Lou's page "Cinemosaic" and chose some screen grabs that I thought had some really nice shapes composition and staging. Here are my really quick and dirty studies. What I found interesting in doing this was how a lot of objects I thought were placed just to dress up the scene were actually there to futher emphasize the depth, composiion or overlap of shapes to keep DEPTH in the shot. This was one thing. Another thing I thought about was how carefully placed the focal points were and there are no real tangents here. Its one thing to just look at screengrabs and think about them, its a totally diffeent thing to copy them and draw them for yourself, I made some really interesting discoveries as I copied these..I will def. be doing some more soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment